Monday 1 September 2014

Introduction

I am starting this blog as part of a course in Community Engagement. I initially intended to get involved in a community garden, learn about its processes, grow some food and distribute it through Second Bite (an admirable group that spreads left over food from supermarkets, bakeries and other shops throughout the community to people who are struggling).

However, with limited time, I have decided this wasn't really feasible. Instead, while researching community gardens initially, I found there was no simple list of all the community gardens in Hobart, so I am now attempting to fill this gap with a list, contact details, some information and some pretty photos of gardens (just to make it more fun for me).

So, here we go. Wish me luck! :)

ps - if you are interested in knowing more about second bite, or getting involved or donating, their web site is http://secondbite.org/.

No comments:

Post a Comment